In mid-June several troops were invited by the Eastchester Historical Society to participate in the dedication of a new flag pole at the One Room Marble School House, erected in 1835. It was a small event, by community standards, with about 30 people total, but was well represented by Troop 353. In honor of the newly dedicated flag pole, the Scouts hoisted the American Flag and led the crowd of appreciative onlookers in the pledge of allegiance. Following a few brief dedications by local dignitaries, the local VFW provided a 3-gun salute. It was a small, but meaningful, way for Troop 353 scouts to serve their community! More great pics here.